iPhones and cellular-capable iPads come with SIM card slots on their sides.
A SIM card is how your carrier provides all the information your device needs to get on their network and access the voice and data services linked to your account.
If you upgrade, want to use a local SIM while traveling, or want to remove the SIM card on your iPhone or iPad for any reason, here’s how!
How to remove the SIM card on an iPhone or iPad?
- Insert small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
- Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the iPhone.
- Don’t apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pinhole.
- Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
- Swap your SIM card.
- Make sure you have installed the SIM in the correct direction
- Re-insert the tray. Make sure you are inserting the SIM tray in the correct orientation.
Remember, that you should never force a SIM tray back in place. You can break pins off the logic board and that can lead to damage to your iPhone to connect to any cellular network.
Always make sure the SIM is installed in the tray correctly and that you’re putting it back on your iPhone in the right direction.